Thursday, February 17, 2011

a hint of personality.

Good afternoon, guys. :)  You know, I never understood how important it was to have a sense of style, your own unique way of expressing your personality.  If you've never heard of Kandee Johnson, she's on YouTube, go look her up right now.  She's FULL of personality and isn't ashamed to show it.  She tells us to dress to impress ourselves everyday, and dress HOWEVER we want.  Be confident in yourself and in your personality to rock whatever look you want to wear.  
A really important part of my style is accent color and interesting accessories.  I typically where neutral colors for clothes on a daily basis (black and white, mostly).  I do this so that my accessories and splashes of color have more of an impact.  Here's a little glimpse into some of the unique items that I have (I have many many more - this is just a taste!)

EVERY day to class I use my turquoise Jansport back pack:


I LOVE this back pack (or book bag, as they are typically called here in the south)!!  It's one of my favorite colors, and it's all ONE color, which I tend to like as well.  Big blocks, or areas of color help spruce up my outfits on a daily basis. :)

I just recently got my first pair of Keds for Christmas:


AND I LOVE THEM!!  First off, they're purple, which makes them awesome already, and second off, they're quite possibly one of the most comfy pairs of shoes I've ever owned. I plan on getting more colors.  Red will be next. 

And finally, A HUGE RING!


I just got this ring a few days ago at Rue 21 for a dollar (it was on sale) and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!  I have several big, chunky, unique rings (it's kind of an obsession...), but this is one of my new favorites. :)  I wore this ring to class today.  It completed my ensemble perfectly. :)

Don't be afraid to be you!  I'm off to my Ancient Medicines class now. :)  

<3 :)
Allison

1 comment: