Thursday, May 19, 2011

here's to having a job!

Ok.

So, I know it's been like.. a zillion years since I've posted.  But this job of mine has been keeping me busy.  I work for a small hotel chain close to where I live, and my job title (Guest Services Representative) includes me having to take phone calls and make reservations, check people in and out of three different properties (I work at 3 different hotels depending on what day of the week it is), and obviously, I have to clean up and make the lobby and dining areas look pretty.
So...

Here's to having a job!  And also, having absolutely no free time because of it.  Haha, and the funny thing is..  I got a job to help alleviate my financial stress; turns out, because I'm not getting as many hours as I'd hoped, I'm actually spending more than I'm earning on each paycheck, 'cause I get paid bi-weekly, or every two weeks.  I'll manage until school starts and I get my refund check, but it just sucks that I really can't afford to actually have any kind of substantial break any time in the near future.

It's funny though.  I guess this is what is to be expected for the rest of my life?  Haha, I mean hopefully I won't be working as a front desk receptionist once I graduate with a degree in Art History.. but you never know.  Having a job like this makes me feel very grown up, though. :)  Haha

So yea.  Work has been my life for the past two months.  It's fine; I like my job.  I'm just very tired.. and very sad that I don't even have the free time to write an interesting blog!  'Cause you guys don't care that I'm working all the time.  Haha..

My computers blew up, as well.. so the only computers I have access to are the computers at work, which is fine for now.. but once school starts, I'll have to figure something out there. 

Ugh.

If you can help it, try not to grow up.

It's kind of a pain in the ass.





1 comment:

  1. Your computer and my computer. :)

    I won't make a blowing up joke. Because I'm that nice.

    ReplyDelete